Wednesday, March 11, 2009

California Trip


We took a trip a couple weeks ago to Newport California to see Brad's brother Clarke and his family. Reid, Sue, Megan, Addison, Carson & I drove down while Brad flew in after work on Friday. There was no way to we were going to be able to do it is one day with the kiddos so we stayed the the night in Vegas. Megan was doing some laundry and Carson found entertainment in the Hotel Dryer!


We hung out at the resort for the first couple of days. Unfortunately it was not quite warm enough to get in the pool :(



We went to Huntington Beach and walked down the pier. The only down side was that we didn't think about a stroller and Carson wouldn't walk so someone was always carrying him!



I find it so ironic that the thing Carson liked the most was the FREE beach. He literally RAN for over an hour straight. I think if we did it all over again we would ditch the theme parks and just chill at the beach.


Oh Sea World! Carson was semi-interested in the animals. I thought he would love the shows but he would only sit still if he had something to eat! (I know, like mother like son.)


My sister-in-law Megan got all the girls tickets to go to the Ellen show. They wouldn't allow cameras in the studio so this sign in the parking garage was the only thing we could find to take a picture of! It was really fun - Megan, Cassie (my other sis in law) and I got to sit on the front row. Sue sacrificed and sat alone on the second row (only 3 seats together) so we could be up close and personal with the guest Mario Lopez (aka AC SLATER!!!). From what I hear we did make it on TV a few times but I forgot to DVR it so I didn't get to see it:(


Carson in Toon Town

Carson loved the Characters (from a distance) but we did get him to take a picture with "puto" as he says.


All the Cousins riding the car


Just some of Carson's funny faces.

This was the last ride of the trip. Believe me - we were all DONE!


It was a great trip and it was so much fun spending time with the family!

7 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

That is the same Marriott that we stay at, I recognize the giant chess board! :) Looks like fun!

The Parks Family said...

Looks like fun, I want to take Jaxson to Disneyland and Sea World but we think he may not enjoy it quite yet! I saw you on Ellen! I think Jamie may have tivo'd it, you should ask her!

Ryan said...

Jaimee DVR'd you on Ellen. You should come see it if you haven't seen it yet.

Ruth Done said...

Holy cow!! Carson is getting so big. We really need to get together again. Mario Lopez, were you able to contain yourself? Ha Ha J/K. You look great!

Austin - Alex - Max said...

Carson looks like a little man all the sudden! I can't believe it. He's so dang cute.

Anonymous said...

Ya, pretty sure I saw you jammin out with your little belly on the show. No zits though...I was a little dissapointed. The Beach looks so fun, it reminds me of our one and only home video. Carson is a little doll. Looks like a trip worth taken.

abby said...

I didn't know you were pregnant!! It would probably help if I spent a little more time in the blogging world. Congratulations!!! Maybe we will see you at stake conference.